"Until you spread your wings, you have no idea how far you can fly." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Managing Educational Technology Services Reflection
This was by far my most challenging class for two reasons. First off, hubs, firewalls, and data speed are not something that I deal with on a day to day basis. These are the items that make me dial 9-1-1 to our tech department. Secondly, working with a group of six busy adults, all who work at different buildings in our district, made completing a group project seem overwhelming at first. However, as with each of these classes, the take-away has been tremendous and I felt like I really learned a lot. I may not ever put to use the hardware side of this class, but by going through the process of developing a district-wide technology plan, I know have an even greater respect for what the coaches, technicians, and IT department do. I had no idea what was truly involved in a technology plan. From the teacher's perspective it seems simple; give us iPads, load them up with apps, have a parent consent form. However, I discovered that budgeting, repairing, disposing, and providing for professional development all play key parts of a well run technology plan that prepares 21st century learners. I was happy to discover some of the good things that our District has in place like a help desk, coaches, and hardware replacement cycle. Moreover, I was also able to see some of the areas in need of improvement, such as: professional development, more technology coaches, the need to address the digital divide, and a better way to be sure that we are educating our students on digital citizenship as well as plagiarism and copyright laws.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment