Sunday, February 16, 2020

Genius Hour - Week 5

Post #5 - Keeping Motivated

This week I was struggling with the software program 5D Planner.  It was very limiting and not at all what I wanted.  I need a print out that I can give to my contractor that has measurements and correct scaling.  Although giving them the link to my plans is nice, when they're on the job they need the paper print out and this one did not print anything that was legible.  So my mission this week was to essentially start over and find a new software to use.  After reading some online reviews, I landed on Cedreo.  They offered a 14-day free trial period and so I gave it a try.  Here is my new blueprint:

As you can see, the room names and dimensions are much more legible.  

The other major accomplishment for this week, was the installation of shelving in our crawlspace.  Knowing that right now we use our entire basement as storage, the need to utilize our crawl to its maximum potential will be key in order to allow the rest of our basement to become usable entertainment space.  So my husband and I emptied everything out of the crawl and then reutilized our existing shelving by hanging them from the rafters.  This was actually my idea after realizing that the floor was covered with uneven stone.  Here are the before and after photos.  Warning - not for the faint of heart -lol!

Before - Our crawlspace full of luggage, coolers, boxes and a Christmas tree. 

After - Installed hanging shelving to organize all of our stuff that will have to be relocated in order to have the space we desire.  We also repurposed the floor mats and old area rug to cover the rocks and prevent the plastic from getting ripped.  

Getting cleaned out, really motivates me to keep going.  Plus it was fun to work on this project with my husband.  I just keeping think of how great our new space will be - that's what keeps me motivated.



No comments:

Post a Comment