Post # 7 - Getting Ready for Showtime
This last week I continued to work on cleaning out our basement, since this is the part of the project that is going to take awhile. After meeting with our contractor, who appreciated my basement "blueprint," we were told that our basement remodel can start in July. This has given me the final encouragement that I need to really work on the hardest part - cleaning out. As I go through each section, it's a trip down memory lane. My girls have enjoyed sorting through old toys like: Pretty Ponies, Barbies, American Girl Dolls, etc. We're deciding together what can we donate and what can we put in our garage sale.
As the girls were busy sorting through their old toys, I took the time to go through seasonal decorations, camping equipment, and other boxes. My plan was to sort things into labeled bins and get them put on the shelves in an organized manner. Here are the before and after pictures of our crawlspace:
The other part of my Genius Hour project was using software to design the space. I switched to a program called Cedreo. I found this program to better is many ways. One thing that was an improvement was the visibility of the dimensions and the ease of creating the rooms. I also learned how to use another feature this week to take HD pictures of each room. To do this, you move the "camera" to where you would take a picture from and then select the lighting option that works.
These are HD pictures of the family room, that I learned to take using the Cedreo application.
For our class, I plan on sharing the different stages of my design process on a poster board with samples of paint colors, flooring, and a few of these HD photos along with a large printed blueprint.




Who would not want to hang out down there. You are well on your way and I am so proud of how much pride you are taking all the way through the project.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! These pictures make me so happy! They're so clean, light and happy! Nice work! I'll have to investigate this program you're using!
ReplyDeleteAll I have to say is...WOW! I can't image the satisfaction you feel when looking at the before and after pictures! I agree with Jen, these pictures make me happy!
ReplyDeleteMy husband I just decided we are going to take out a home equity loan to finish our basement and I fully intend on referring to your blog for help! This is amazing. I love how you used software to design your own space. Brilliant!
ReplyDelete