Post #1a - Discovering the Possibilities
What is my passion? In the midst of wearing my many hats of mom, wife, and teacher I somehow feel overwhelmed by this question. Have I lost it or maybe never fully realized it, or is it simply because teaching is my passion and I'm living it? Needless to say, I have very little time to just explore or do things for fun these days. So this is quite an opportunity - to learn about something I'm really interested in. An excuse to lock myself away for a few hours to work on "school" work - how delightful!
With that being said, I am contemplating travel blogger, designing a basement remodel, or learning how to play the ukulele. All three have ulterior motives really. Here are some of my thoughts on each:
Travel Blogger:
I love to travel and really have to have a trip to look forward to. I love researching travel destinations and will spend hours planning out the drive, or surfing for best deals on airfare and hotels. I enjoy travel of all kinds from camping to beach vacations and most recently national parks. If I pursued this and created a travel blog, could it pay off? Would I somehow attract a following and start getting free vacations? It may be a pipe dream, but I'm thinking about it.
Architect:
When I'm not dreaming about my next vacation adventure, I'm forced to look around my 1986 home and think about our next remodeling project. We have lived in our house for 13 years and slowly but surely we are redoing every square inch, and we've gone about it in various ways. My incredibly talented husband is really a jack-of-all trades. He's remodeled our two bathrooms and done various other projects from building a shed to replacing doors and floors, but as we've gotten older and busier, we now tend to want someone to do these projects for us. We just spent a ton of money to remodel our kitchen and we love it, but the aggravation of it all was daunting. So we're looking for a handy man for our next project - tackling our unfinished basement and turning it into a space for our teens. The problem with handy men, come to find out, is the vision. There is none. So I need a way to show them mine. If I can draw up some detailed plans, maybe it can become a reality for half the price.
Ukulele:
If I'm really honest - have no musical ability, but I've always wanted to learn to play the guitar. Both of my daughters play the viola and my oldest taught herself how to play the ukulele from watching a Youtuber. Now she really wants to teach me. I've tried before and I just can't remember the fingering. This would really be a challenge, but also a great stress reliever, since it really is unrelated to anything else in my life. It also would really be a confidence booster for my daughter.
I'll be spending this week looking into each of these to make my decision. The struggle is real...
The struggle is SO real. I love the effort you are putting forth - I am so happy to follow you along on your journey.
ReplyDelete