Post #6 - Working the Process
This week, I began the fun part of envisioning the different spaces and designing them. I have found that sitting in a space that is quiet and free from distraction works best for me. So in a busy house of 2 teenagers and a dog, that in itself can be challenging. However, Saturday morning in my dining room before the kids wake up is my magic time. When my husband brings home a Starbuck's Vanilla Chai Tea Latte and I'm in heaven. Let the process begin.
So I started to think about each room and the numerous conversations we've had at the dinner table about what everyone wants. My husband really wants a space for his tools and woodworking hobby. My youngest daughter wants a space for dancing, and my freshman wants a space for gaming, sleep overs, and art. Knowing our space isn't that big, I've tried to design each room to be multi-purpose.
I've also started to look for inspiration online and in magazines.
Here is a look at my designs:
As you can see, the space was divided into 3 zones: family room, workshop, and the music/dance studio. In the dance space, we're planning on installing 2 large mirrors we've saved from bathroom remodels.
We've hoping to get a pool table/ping pong table that will be a hit at all our teenage get togethers. The family room includes a counter for art, homework, or it can serve as a buffet area.
As you can see, the space was divided into 3 zones: family room, workshop, and the music/dance studio. In the dance space, we're planning on installing 2 large mirrors we've saved from bathroom remodels.
We've hoping to get a pool table/ping pong table that will be a hit at all our teenage get togethers. The family room includes a counter for art, homework, or it can serve as a buffet area.
Here is my husband's workshop space. I really hope we can afford to get him a nice workbench and cabinet storage.
Here's my dip chart:

Here's my dip chart:




Wow! I want to come and hang out in the space! I love this program you are using too. Make sure there is room for your yoga mat!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing, Robin! The girls will LOVE the dance studio! These designs include something for everyone in the family it seems like! How fun!
ReplyDeleteThis looks AMAZING, Robin!! It totally looks like something you'd see on a home design show and you're doing such a great job of taking into consideration what your entire family wants. It looks like this is going to be the perfect space for all of you! How exciting!
ReplyDelete