One of the things that I explored was the creation of digital badges and a pathway to earn them. I decided to think about communication and create three different pathways. When I reflected on the skills I wanted my students to earn, I realized that there are many components to communication, but I wanted my students to focus on safe, effective, and respectful ways to communicate when using technology. These are the badges that I came up with. I wanted them to be similar but yet different to represent the key ideas. As I used Google Draw, I became more and more comfortable with it and the power of what it could do. I will certainly continue to use it for badges and also infographics.
To collect these badges, the students needed to complete the activities for respectfully blogging, safe sharing online, and writing an effective email. These are tasks that I want my fourth grade students to be able to do. Here are the scaffolded activities in each pathway.



No comments:
Post a Comment