"Until you spread your wings, you have no idea how far you can fly." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Friday, July 5, 2019
Artifact 2: Professional Development
This last assignment was one of the more challenging ones. It made me pause and really consider the frustrations I have experienced with "one-size fits all" type sessions that have seemed a waist of my time. Also, to plan a PBL experience for adults while teaching them about it was involved, and I can now appreciate more the hard work that goes into the planning and preparation of our staff development days by district committee teams and coaches. This also helped me to see that by teaching someone else how to do something, you really learn it better yourself. I feel like after doing this assignment, that the the concept of PBL and the integral parts to planning and implementing it are within my field of competencies. So I carry back to my class the strategy of having my students be teachers in effective ways. They will concrete their own learning and others will benefit from their guidance. It's a win - win all around! Also, I will be doing the PBL I designed and can't wait to integrate even more PBL this year!
Link to Professional Development
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment