Friday, July 5, 2019

Artifact 1: Flipped Classroom

I choose to include this infographic with an embedded screencast, because I learned so much from creating it, and also because I can see creating more of these for use in my 4th grade classroom.  In order to create this, I used the Piktochart application which I had never used before.  It is an amazing tool for creating infographics.  I decided to use it because I had read somewhere that you could insert videos and I thought- what a great way to combine the use of an anchor chart by making infographic and a screencast.  What a perfect flipped tool!  This has inspired me to create more and really try to use some flipped learning in my math class. Next year I can envision having students read the infographic and watch the screencast as homework.  I will take the time to teach them how to take  structured notes so that they are accountable for doing it and then I will be able to more effectively use class time to help students. The switch for me from being the sage on the stage to a guide on the journey will be refreshing and hopefully impactful to my students and their learning.

My Flipped Learning Anchor Chart with Screencast

No comments:

Post a Comment