"Until you spread your wings, you have no idea how far you can fly." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Sunday, July 21, 2019
Artifact 2: Making SMART goals
One of my goals for next year is to have my students keep digital portfolios. My hopes are for students to become more involved in understanding the learning targets and teach them to set their own goals and have several opportunities to reflect on those goals and their learning plans. Students would use their portfolios to document their goals and evidence of growth towards those goals. They could also include showcase items. Students would share their portfolios with their parents and hopefully be able to build upon them in the next school year. I've included my goal setting sheet below. Here is also the link to the reflection page that I plan to have student use to think about their preparation for tests. By using "feedforward" conferences and having students revise and learn for mastery, I'm hoping that students will become more invested in their learning. Reflecting on my own learning during this class, I felt that I discovered how technology can definitely enhance assessment from the ease of creating assessments and rubrics to the immediate data that technology can provide us through formative assessments. Digital portfolios are just another wonderful benefit of technology, and a great way for students to see their growth over time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment