Sunday, January 26, 2020

Genius Hour - Week 2

Post #2 -What is My Sentence?

People imagine great spaces or dream of amazing places...I transform ordinary spaces into inviting and useable places.

That's my sentence...I know I sound like a reality house flipping show.  But, as I begin my journey I have realized that just coming up with the drawing plans for my contractor might be the easy part.  I decided to put together a project timeline with all the tasks I hope to accomplish to make our basement remodel a reality.  It's a hefty "To do" list, but I think that it will help to keep me on track.  Transforming our basement into a place that fits all of my families' needs while staying in a budget is a tall order.  I really hope at the end of this that it will be worth it, and we'll have a place for my teenagers to hang out with their friends that can change as they get older.  

Here's a few pics of our current basement.


As you can see, I have a lot of work to do.  It's going to take some time and effort to clean it out and get it ready for remodeling.

I decided to make a schedule to help keep me on track during this project.  Here's the link to it.  Hopefully checking those boxes will give me the motivation that I need.

This week I dabbled with a few software programs.  I landed on using 5D Planner.  I practiced adding rooms, changing the measurement scale, and some of the zoom features.  I have a lot more to learn... 


1 comment:

  1. Incredible!! Your planning schedule is fabulous. I hope you keep reflecting on the process after this course ends :)

    ReplyDelete